Thursday, July 7, 2011

Greek Fest 2011

The perfect picture to start off this post....Greek Fest 2011 was a good time! 

The first day at the festival was very special for my grandparents and mom.  This elderly couple went up to a man working the festival and said "is there a Gus that goes to this church" Of course, there is only room for one Gus...that would be my Papou.  Below is a picture my Papou with tenants of his who lived on the other half of his duplex 40 years ago!


I was sitting right next to my Papou when he saw his friend for the first time in years, it was a moment.  I didn't know what was happening, but I knew it was special.  They both reached their arms across a picnic table,  shaking their heads out of pure shock .  Watery eyes soon followed...so awesome. 

Bronson, my sisters BF also came to St. D's to celebrate our churchs' 50th festival



And what kind of party would it be with out Angelo!? This lucky guy was leaving the very next day for Greece!


Speaking of a good time....what kind of party would it be with out this guy :o)  Papou always jokes "don't tell Yiayia"...this year I said "she can see you!!"


You can find my sweet Yiayia every year in the pastry booth.


We love celebrating our culture and faith with family and friends.  So grateful to be a part of St. D's.








No comments:

Post a Comment